Friday, August 09, 2019

Glowing Skin for Your W-Day

The struggle has been real for me when it comes to the fight for clear skin. “You’ll grow out of it,” they said. “Just use XYZ million dollar product,” they said. After a lifetime of dermatologist visits, Proactive subscriptions, Accutane prescriptions and even elimination diets, my skin just wouldn’t clear up – or at least not for good. I’d have periods of decent skin or at least my breakouts wouldn’t be as bad, but not since age 12, has my skin looked good.

And now that I’m “middle-aged,” I’ve got both the issues of acne AND aging. Not a fun balancing act and an issue I know I’m not alone in.

We are sent beauty samples regularly and I usually bow out of trying acne or aging products because my skin is so sensitive. I’m afraid that just after I’ve got it clear, I’ll throw things off balance by adding something else in the mix.

But when the PR person from Jan Marini Skin Research suggested their five-step Skin Care Management System I was intrigued. Partly because my aesthetician was encouraging me to try it, partly because their before/after photos looked pretty convincing, but also because it’s a celebrity favorite (Meghan Markle has endorsed a couple of the products included in this post).

I went ahead and dove right into the daily regiment once the product arrived. Within a week, my skin and breakouts began healing. Within two weeks, I noticed it not just healing, but improving in areas (like the fine lines around my eyes) and within two months, I hadn’t had a breakout and my skin was actually looking good!

As I write this post, I’m six months into using the product and by now, other products have stopped working or my breakouts have returned. Not the case with Jan Marini, I’m thrilled to report. If only this product was around when I was 14, my scarring wouldn’t be what it is!

The entire five-step system is what I recommend along with their Age Intervention Duality product (this amplifies the healing of acne while also addressing aging).

The five-step Skin Care Management System comes in normal/combination or dry/very dry (I went for the normal/combination kit) and retails for $308.

Here’s how it works:

Step 1. Bioglycolic Face Cleanser – this exfoliating cleanser goes on dry skin and after massaging it into your face, you gently remove it with a warm, damp washcloth and rinse your skin. Just this product is revolutionary and I’ve recommended this to so many people I’ve lost count. Our own senior editor is even a believer!

Step 2. C-ESTA Serum – this serum is applied next to resurface your skin. It’s an antioxidant cocktail including vitamin C and DMEA. Also, it smells really good! (Meghan Markle approved!)

Step 3. Bioclear Lotion – this life-saving product is a combination of azelaic, salicylic and glycolic acids, so it does feel a bit prickly when you apply it, but wow does it hydrate your skin. (Meghan Markle approved!)

Step 4. Transformation Face Cream – the hydration power in this face cream is real. It is filled with peptides and has a luxurious, satiny feel going on.

Step 5. Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 33 – this non-greasy, lightweight and water-resistant sunscreen helps with oil control and sun protection all at once.  It is the ONLY SPF I will use as all others will immediately break my skin out.

Five steps might seem like a lot, but the entire process takes maybe five minutes. If you seriously struggle with acne like me, you’ll want to add the Age Intervention Duality product between steps 3 and 4 at bedtime only.

After a lifetime of trying everything from gimmicks and well-meaning people telling me silly tricks like putting toothpaste on a pimple or drinking apple cider vinegar once a day (yuck), I can safely say, all you need to do is the Jan Marini Skin Research five-step system for clear skin with anti-aging benefits!

Now, get glowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really happy and overjoyed for your kind words for my work.