Friday, October 26, 2018

A Chic California Coast Wedding

Recent Blog Posts
A Chic California Coast Wedding

Annina and Jordon wanted to combine everything they love most for their destination wedding – the ocean, golf, their loved ones and, of course, each other. The couple’s dream location was Italy, but they found an alternative closer to home with The Resort at Pelican Hill in Newport Coast, California. “The second we pulled in and I saw the beautiful pine trees, we knew it was a magical place,” explains the bride. “The landscaping, architecture and hospitality made me feel like I was in Italy. Once we got to try the food, the Resort at Pelican Hill instantly became our favorite place on earth.”

When looking back on their wedding and planning experience, the couple can’t say enough about their wedding planner, Natalie Good with A Good Affair Wedding and Event Production. “I knew that it would be challenging to plan a destination wedding and I wasn’t sure if I wanted a local coordinator or one that was [at home] in Houston who I could meet with all the time,” says Annina. “I had seen [Natalie Good’s] work on social media and knew that I loved her creativity, but it wasn’t until meeting her in person that we realized the planning process was going to be a breeze. She took the time not only to get to know us, but to find bits and pieces to bring all of our culture, taste and style together to create a cohesive weekend.”

For their ceremony, the couple maximized their setting and mingled their personalities. “The Italian rotunda at Pelican Hill has a view that combines my and Jordon’s true loves besides each other – golf and the ocean! I never thought I would see Jordon cry on a golf course, but there is a first time for everything.”

While the couple loved the views and landscape of the resort, they knew they wanted to have an indoor reception. Thus, it was left to their wedding planner and designer to bring the outside in. “The ballroom was truly transformed,” reminisces Annina. “Natalie brought the gorgeous greenery indoors and designed beautiful cabanas with chandeliers that I fell in love with. I still get butterflies when I think about our wedding day. It was so much fun having a destination wedding. It really felt like a fun vacation with all of our friends and family.”

Vendors: Photographer: Brandon Kidd Photography, Wedding Planning, Design & Production: Natalie Good, A Good Affair Wedding and Event Productions, Ceremony/Reception Site and Catering: The Resort at Pelican Hill, Videography: Elysium Productions, Florist: Bloom Box Designs, Stationery: Vie de Vic and A Good Affair Wedding and Event Productions,  Lighting: Amber Event Production, Rentals: Found Vintage Rentals, Custom Sequin Linens: A Good Affair Wedding and Event Productions, Makeup: 1011 Makeup, Hair: Elia Grave, eliagraves@me.com, Gown Designer: Ines di Santo, Groom’s Clothing Designer: Ermenegildo Zegna, Party Session/Entertainers: La Hora Loca California, Band: LA ALLSTARS from Gulf Coast Entertainment, Ceremony Music: Denny White

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really happy and overjoyed for your kind words for my work.